Friday, February 15, 2008


Hello everyone!

This has been a rough couple of weeks. My grandmother passed away, she had been sick and went peacefully, it was still sad. I couldn't go to her memorial this week because of other obligations I had. Some of my siblings went though and took mom with them. My dad had to be hospitalized and is still there, I don't think we have a complete diagnosis of what is wrong, but he sure feels awful. I haven't been to see him but I have talked to him several times on the phone. Mom is back and with him and I know that just that makes him feel better. We have been busy in our family with the Renaissance Feaste at the high school. Nathan and Daniel are both very involved, with Nathan as one of the Royal men of the court and Daniel as a Steward. Daniel is also involved playing Polonius in the version of Hamlet which they do during the feaste for entertainment. Daniel also auditioned for the Musical Review which will be in May. He was called back today for a song and a scene. We will know soon if he gets any parts. He will be involved in all of the group numbers. They are doing excerpts from Pulitzer Prize winning Broadway plays and musicals. It should be a great show. Several of the kids in the Productions Company told me that Daniel's audition was "awesome". Rob's mother is recovering from breaking her ankle and cracking her wrist when she fell on ice almost 4 weeks ago. She is home now, (she had been in a rehab facility until the 13th). Christopher is excited because he got his Kevlar Vest to wear when he is out on the job. He has been waiting to get it and I am glad that he has that protection as well. He is dating a girl named Brittany, she is really nice. Our life feels like a whirlwind right now, and I don't think it will stop for a while! We will be leaving on Performing Arts tour on March 18 and that will come so quickly! Both Nathan and Daniel are involved and both will perform at Disneyland. Rob and I are both going on the bus as chaperones. I don't think Rob is looking forward to the overnight bus ride but I think he is getting more excited about being there with the kids. We are happy to be healthy and have so many blessings.

No comments: