Monday, January 12, 2009

Temple News


I read Andreas post and she said that they are going to the Draper Temple for the open house on Friday.  This temple is exciting for us, because we will be in the Draper Temple District.  We are taking our family to the open house on Saturday evening.  On Saturday morning we get to do a session at the Mt. Timp temple since our nephew Scott is going through before his mission.  Since we are in the district for the Draper temple we also get to do a bunch of things for the open house and the dedic ation.  Cole is doing transportation and security for this Saturday.  On January 31 Jessica and Cole and I get to usher for the open house.  On February 28 Jessica and I get to host the cookies for people after the tour.  On March 22 we get to attend the dedication.  Since only two of the dedication session are broadcast, the rest of us get to be IN the temple for our dedication session.  Robert is the luckiest of all because he was chosen for the choir at our dedication session on the 22nd and he will get to be IN THE CELESTIAL ROOM WITH THE PROPHET!  We sure are looking forward to all the festivities and the dedication.  We are also looking forward to attending the temple in Draper (even though there is NO cafeteria and NO place nearby to have dinner, except a Chevron station down the road.  I guess we could go for hot dogs!)  Our other news this week is that Robert turns 50!  I am having an open house for the ward members to come and see that he is still going strong at 50.  He says it is not necessary to have a party, but I think he is excited too!

1 comment:

Andie said...

I have to say I just watched the link for the new production for next week and all I can get out is WOW!!!!! very cool! Very impressive, at least just the little bit I saw...